Respecting customs, culture and values in the communities in which we operate
We consider operational excellence to include more than a return to our shareholders; it also considers our employees and their families, the communities where we work and the impact on our environment. Our Corporate Social Responsibility commitment aims to achieve a balance of economic prosperity, environmental stewardship and social responsibility that extends beyond the economic life of our operations.
- We believe in building relationships within the communities in which we operate
- We base our principles on accountability, transparency, ethical behaviour, human rights and respect for stakeholder interest
- We ensure that personnel are trained in the above-mentioned principles and that a continual awareness program is in place to support that training
- We have established a sustainable development committee which is responsible for reviewing our sustainability performance
- We believe that meaningful and productive work is an essential element in human development.
- We encourage employee health and safety representation. We will not tolerate discrimination in any form and we promote equality of opportunity
- We seek to minimize the company's environmental footprint through implementing environmentally responsible practices
- We support and enhance our local supplier strategy, where practical, sourcing goods and services from local or nearby businesses
- We utilise our relationships with stakeholders to promote a fair and positive outcome for all parties