The discovery in 1924 of base metals in the area by three prospectors – the McDounough brothers and William O’Reilly – lead to the development of the Waite-Amulet Mines and Amulet-Dufault Mines in 1927, and the beginning of the exploitation of the massive sulfide lenses Amulet C and Waite. Waite-Amulet ceased operations in 1962 after the exhaustion of the Amulet lower A lens. From 1927 to 1962, approximately 9 Mt were extracted from the East Waite, Old-Waite, Amulet F, C Upper A and Lower A lenses.
Since 1985 the area has been sporadically drilled to depth by Noranda and Falconbridge, mostly in the northern part around the Waite and East Waite shafts.
3D (gOcad) compilation is in progress.
The Waite-Amulet property is a Brownfield project consisting of 9 blocks totalling 91 mining titles and covering 2,217 ha, all 100% owned by Falco. Forming the historic core of the Central Camp the seven lenses of the Waite-Amulet mines produced close to 9 Mt at 4.5% Cu, 4.8% Zn, 1.3 g/t Au and 40.8 g/t Ag.
The area is located in Duprat and Dufresnoy townships between 6 to 14 km North North-West of the city of Rouyn-Noranda.