Western Camp

Rimo

The RIMO project includes the Rivière Mouilleuse and Ruisseau St-Pierre properties. The following description is on the Rivière Mouilleuse property.

The property is underlain by a gently dipping bimodal sequence of felsic and intermediate volcanic rocks bearing the same geochemical signature as the wall rocks of the Horne Mine Complex. The presence of angular breccia facies and exhalative horizons suggests the proximity of paleo exhalative vents and their associated sulfide mineralisation.

SUBSTANCES CIBLÉES
  • Copper-Zinc-Gold

Economic Geology

Several showings are known on the property:

Montbray 113-GX7886:
0.8% Cu and 9.0 g/t Ag in a grab sample

Montbray-8:
4.04% Zn, 0.4% Cu and 1.37 g/t Au in a grab sample

1.29% Zn and 0.6% Cu in a grab sample

DUP-10-12:
9.78 g/t Au over 0.5 metres in an andesite with 4% quartz-carbonate-pyrite veins

DUP-04-11:
1.08 g/t Au over 3.2 metres and 1.3 g/t Au over 1.5 metres in a rhyolitic breccia

NW_63-3:
1.7 g/t Au over 0.3 metres in a silicified andesite

NW_XIV_6:
1.4 g/t Au over 0.3 metres in a sulfide bearing rhyolitic breccia

Sample 173773 (SOQUEM):
4.18% Cu in a grab sample

One drill hole (17906-14-03) done by Falco in 2014 intersected a 0.3 metre thick exhalative horizon on top of a 5 metre rhyolitic breccia. The exhalative horizon assayed 0.47% Zn and 4.6 g/t Ag.

View the geology map
  • Historic Workings

    Several companies have done exploration work on the property. Since 1951, 25 geophysical surveys including 6 mags, 12 EM, 5 IP, 1 VLF and 1 Turam were carried out, as well as 26 campaigns of mapping, prospecting and sampling, and 73 drill holes.

    In 2013, Falco carried out an In Loop TDEM survey and drilled three holes on the best anomalies for a total of 1044 metres.

  • Property and Project Type

    The RIMO property is a Greenfield exploration project and consists of 87 claims covering an area of 3,623 ha. It is 100% owned by Falco Resources.

  • Location

    The RIMO property is located in Duprat Township, about 25 km North West of the city of Rouyn-Noranda.